It’s going to be a Fantastic February here at Lerch RV. You want to take advantage of this terrific offer, save $1,000 on all new RVs throughout the entire month. In stock, on order, and special orders, you save on them all. Remember, at PA’s largest towable RV dealer, we have zero silly fees added on for prep/freight/PDI. Drive a little, and save a lot! Text us at 717-667-1400 or call us at 717-366-7299.
2015 Springdale 38FL by Keystone RV
‘L’ Shaped Lounge – Fireplace – Central Vac – Ample Storage
Large Master Suite – Residential Refrigerator – Plenty of Room
This new, 2015 Springdale 38FL is ideally suited for the camping family looking for value. With Springdale we understand that your hard-earned money should go as far as your adventure can take you. Once on the road to adventure, you’ll see how camping in your Springdale is just plain better. Springdale offers numerous features you can’t find on other brands as well as more standard options and amenities than any other brand in this class. From Springdale’s vaulted ceiling and 14-foot super slide room to the Do More dinette, Springdale is focused on delivering great value and convenience that will always make camping in your Springdale a Better Way To Camp. Schedule an appointment today to see this exciting RV.
Equipped with Springdale’s Value Package – Adventure Package – Central Vac System – Enclosed Underbelly – Radial Tires – 50 Amp Service – Correct Track – 10 gallon Gas/Electric Water Heater with DSI – Spare Tire Kit – Exterior Shower – Sliding Glass Patio Door – Tri Fold Sleeper Sofa – Residential Electric Refrigerator
At a low price of $24,800, this 2015 Springdale 38FL is priced to sell. Yes, you get a great instant savings. As well as a full one year Keystone RV manufacturer warranty.
Call 800-722-1236 today or fill out the contact form below for more information on this exciting RV. Or if you have a current trailer that you enjoy camping in, fill out our RV trade in form, and we will provide you with an honest trade-in value. So click or call today. Financing is available for qualified buyers. And additional extended warranties are available for sale
Every Sale at Lerch RV Includes: Full Dealer Prep/PDI, Full LP Tanks, Auxiliary Battery with Mounting Box, Gift Card, Detailed – Clean RV, Current PA State Trailer Inspection, Profession Hitch Set Up Advice, and a Full Customer Orientation/Walk Through. All with no hidden or extra fees. See for yourself how Lerch RV makes buying EASY!
Since the acquisition of Open Range RV by Jayco RV. Changes have been minor just as promised from both RV manufacturers. However with new business licensing requirements. A new stable has come to Open Range RV. Highland Ridge RV is now considered the new home of Open Range RV. A new website will be up and running shortly; highlandridgerv.com.
Open Range RV and Jayco entered into a Letter of Intent with Jayco Corporation near the end of February 2014. With similar cultures and dedication to both their customers and dealers. The acquisition of Open Range RV by Jayco will have a result that everyone will benefit from. Both companies have a track record of exceptional growth in RV sales over the past couple of years. As an Open Range dealership, we look forward to a great new opportunity to introduce this innovative RV product to our customers.
So be on the lookout for Open Range travel trailer or fifth wheel camper by Highland Ridge RV. New ownership but the same quality built, innovative designed RV for the camping family.
Safe travels and Happy RVing!
Join Lerch RV and SAVE $$$ at the Pennsylvania Adventure RV Expo. February 27 – March 2 at the Blair County Convention Center, Altoona PA. Join us for a weekend of special savings and camping fun. It is time to think about the upcoming camping season.
America’s Largest RV Show ~ Hershey, Pennsylvania
The Hershey Show, officially known as America’s Largest RV Show by the sponsoring Pennsylvania RV & Camping Association (PRVCA), has become the kickoff venue for the RV industry to unveil its new model year lines on a national scale to both a trade and consumer audience. And this year’s event – set for Sept 9-15 at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa. – should go a long way toward reinforcing that reputation.
“The show is doing as good as it’s ever done in the sense of we’re virtually sold out for vendor space inside and we created more area outside,” reports Show Chairman Dan Saltzgiver, general manager for Camping World of Hanover (Pa.). “And then there’s the manufacturers’ space, which was all but sold out at the show drawing going back to the first week of May. Since then, what little space we had, Becky (Lenington, PRVCA executive director) pretty much has it all sold. She actually converted one area that we haven’t used in the manufacturers’ space to try to accommodate some more manufacturers.”
The good news, in a nutshell, from PRVCA:
• Through the end of July, the Hershey Show’s sold space totaled 817,120 net square feet versus 745,127 net square feet in 2012.
• The show’s total square footage as of mid-July: 1.54 million gross square feet.
• Outdoor manufacturer space is up 18% for this year’s show and the number of displays has increased by about 50 booths.
• The sold-out Giant Center is scheduled to house 238 booths. “Inside the Giant Center, the arena downstairs is sold out and then there is the upstairs mezzanine, Saltzgiver told Woodall’s Campground Management. “We are sold out all around there for retail days for sure. And we’re working to get it sold for wholesale days as well. We sell some of that space twice. If someone is only coming for retail, then we resell it for wholesale.”
PRVCA, in turn, wants to top 2012’s record-breaking, public day attendance of 43,131, a 29% uptick from 2011. And it wants to surpass the 2,022 attendees registered on last year’s trade days, a 12.77% from 2011. “Even though it doesn’t appear that way, we’ve been increasing the wholesale number of dealers each year,” said Saltzgiver. “So, while that’s not the size yet that we’d like to see it, we’re being told by the manufacturers that it’s still important to them.”
That said, PRVCA won’t be attempting to return the show’s square footage to its all-time, pre-recessionary high because the association has decided not to try to expand beyond the eastside foot bridge to the adjacent Giant Center parking lots, a configuration that just didn’t seem to work for everybody. “I don’t know if we’ll ever get over that (modern high point) as long as the show committee agrees with me that we shouldn’t go across the road again,” said Saltzgiver.
“That just created a lot of problems for the manufacturers on that side, as well as customers going over to that side,” added Saltzgiver. “It’s one of the things on which we made a decision as a group. Things could change. But now we’re deciding not to use that side so that it’s better for our retail customer coming in as well as the manufacturers and suppliers that exhibit at that show.”
by RV Business
Say YES to the RV!
The York RV Show is being held once again this year at the York Fairgrounds, York Pennsylvania.
- Friday 11am – 9pm
- Saturday 10am – 9pm
- Sunday 11am – 5pm.
Lerch RV will once again have the largest display of RVs at the York Camper/RV Show for our customers to view. Stop by our display in the Memorial Hall-East building. Along with having the lowest sale prices at the show on great travel trailers and fifth wheels. We will also be giving away a new iPad, and over $1,000 in additional prizes.
Say Yes to the RV and purchase you new RV at the York RV Show and we will reimburse your entry fee when you accept delivery of your new travel trailer or fifth wheel.
Do not forget to pick up a copy of our annual EARLY BIRD SALE flyer. This is your last chance to take advantage of our available low winter discounts.
Say Yes to the RV!
And buy now, before our industry leading manufacturers; Keystone RV and Open Range RV, raise their prices. Do not allow these discounts to disappear…
Give our Sales Team a call at 800-722-1236.
There’s never been a better time to take up the RV lifestyle.
Whether you’re a weekend wanderer, a snow bird or an RV full-timer, there’s an RV to suit any travel budget and taste.
With baby boomers reaching retirement age, more and more people are taking to the road with their motor homes, RVs or travel trailers. The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association recently reported that nearly 8 million American households have an RV, motor home or travel trailer and that there are as many as 30 million RV enthusiasts in the U.S.
Seeing the country in an RV offers many benefits for travelers seeking an affordable and exciting way to spend quality family time. According to one study, a family of four can save up to 74% traveling by RV over more conventional travel. And with more than 16,000 public and privately owned campgrounds in the US, there’s a site to fulfill everyone’s vacation fantasy, whether it’s an oceanfront view, hiking trails, casino gambling or tennis.
6 Tips for Successful RV Travel
RV travel is easy to learn, and once you’ve got the hang of it there’ll be no going back! Here are six helpful tips that will come in handy for both beginning and seasoned RV enthusiasts:
- Map Your RV Travel Destinations
A large part of the RV appeal is the exhilarating freedom of the open road — to go wherever you want, whenever you want. But it helps to have a solid travel plan in place. If you know where you’re heading, you can determine the route that will offer the most interesting sights.Look in RV and other travel guides, contact tourism boards in states you’ll be passing through, and search the Internet.Make sure to bring the correct road maps, and a GPS system is a good idea as well, especially if you’re new to RV travel.
Carefully designing the route you’ll be taking will make it easier to do spur-of-the moment things like checking out that oddball museum you just spotted on a roadside billboard!
- Have A Checklist? Just Checking
During your pre-trip prep, in addition to working out what needs to be in the RV, put together a thorough checklist of things to do when setting up at an RV campground.There are the basics:
- Locate all campground connections
- Make sure your RV is level
- Properly hook up your water, gas and electric systems
Don’t forget comfort concerns, like making sure you packed your favorite CDs and DVDs, and those new lawn chairs.
Equally important, you should have a second checklist of things that have to be done to break camp and set up your RV for departure (Quick hint: when you think the job is done and everything is ready, check again).
- Be Prepared with a “Just-For-The-RV” First-Aid Kit
Always make sure you have a fully stocked RV first-aid kit, and keep it in an outside storage compartment.Your RV first-aid kit should include basic medical supplies:
- Over-the-counter pain reliever
- Insect repellant
- An emergency supply of must-have medications
Plus the following extras for your RV:
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Paper and pens
- A disposable camera in case you have to take photos of an accident site.
- Cell phone and charger
If you don’t feel up to the task of putting together an RV first-aid kit yourself, an extensive range of ready-made first-aid kits is available for purchase.
Don’t forget to include a list of important contact information, including family members, doctors, insurance agents, etc. [Editor’s note: Leave a copy of your itinerary and your contact information with a family member or friend, in case you need to be located in an emergency.]
- RV Camping with Kids and Pets
If your RV travel includes children, make sure to set aside time during the day for outdoor activities, as even the roomiest RV can be confining for kids.And give each child his or her own space in the RV (no matter how small) for toys, games and personal stuff.RV travel is a unique opportunity for your children to see new and different places and faces. There are often plenty of other kids at campgrounds – but be sure to walk around a new campground with your children when you first get settled there. They need to know how to find your campsite and navigate the RV grounds. If you plan to bring the family pet, check beforehand to confirm that pets are allowed at the RV campground.
- A Little Help From Your Friends
When in doubt, ask your fellow RVer. However well-traveled you might be, odds are there is someone you’ll meet along the way who has been somewhere you haven’t, solved a problem you haven’t yet encountered, or spotted an out-of-the-way delight you’ve never heard of.No matter how much research you’ve done, there’s bound to be an RV campsite you haven’t read about, a storage system that has escaped your notice, or a funny anecdote that you’ll laugh about for years to come.The new folks you meet may or may not become close friends for life, but they are an important part of your RV journey.
article written by John Noble from about.com
Lerch RV is giving away a FREE $36 gift card, good towards purchases made in our large parts store, service invoices or a new RV. In celebration of our Thirty-sixth year anniversary, we would like to offer our customers and friends this FREE $36 Lerch RV Gift Card. You can get yours by going HERE. Hurry, this offer is only available until January 31,2013.
And do not forget to check out our Thirty-sixth Anniversary Sales Flyer for the lowest prices on RVs by national leading manufacturers. Start the new year off right, with low, low, low RV prices from Pennsylvania’s largest travel trailer dealer.
- Award Winning PA RV Dealership (rvingiseasyatlerchrv.com)
- Looking for a RV? Learn the lingo… (rvingiseasyatlerchrv.com)
Most Pennsylvanians know that RVs and campers fall into two general categories, according to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association. However to help you remember, we have compiled a list of the all the major classes of RVs.
Tow-able RVs, which are designed to be towed by a motorized vehicle (car, SUV, van or pickup truck) and are of such size and weight as not to require a special highway movement permit. They do not require permanent on-site hookup. These include folding camping trailers, truck campers, travel trailers and fifth-wheel travel trailers.
Motorized RVs, which are built on or as an integral part of a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis, combining transportation and living quarters in one unit. These include class A, B and C motor homes, which all must be driven to your destination.
Examples of each type are listed below.
- folding camping trailer — A lightweight unit with sides that collapse for towing and storage. The folding camping trailer combines the experience of open-air tent camping with sleeping comforts, basic conveniences and weather protection found in other RVs.
- truck camper — A unit loaded onto, or affixed to, the bed or chassis of a pickup. The truck camper is popular for back-road journeys, accessing remote locales and family recreational camping.
- travel trailer — A unit designed to be towed by a car, van or pickup by means of a frame hitch, the travel trailer provides all the comforts of home and is perfectly adaptable for weekend getaways, family vacations and full-timing.
- hybrid/expandable travel trailer – A lighter weight unit designed to provide you with hard sides that can be towed by a car, van, suv or truck by means of a frame mounted hitch. Provides the conveniences of a full size camper, but offsets the weight by having tip out, or fold down canvas tent end bedding areas.
- fifth-wheel travel trailer — Designed to be affixed and towed by a pickup equipped with special hitch in the truck bed, these two-level units can provide the greatest living of all tow-able RVs. Fifth-wheel travel trailers come equipped with all the comforts of home, and are perfectly adaptable for weekend getaways, family vacations and full-timing.
- class A motorhome — Also commonly referred to as the conventional motor home, it is the largest, most luxurious of the motorized RVs — a virtual “home-away from-home” on wheels, fully loaded and equipped for short trips, lengthy vacations and full-timing. It’s entirely constructed on a bare, specially designed motor-vehicle chassis.
class B motorhome — Also commonly referred to as the van camper, it is a cargo van that has been customized to include temporary sleeping, eating and bathroom facilities.
class C motorhome — Sometimes referred to as a mini-motorhome, it provides the conveniences of a larger motorhome in a scaled-down version and at a lower price. It is built on an automotive manufactured van frame with an attached cab section.
Information found at RV Terminology by HGTV.
Ahhh…. The alluring sight of traveling the country with an RV in tow. A picture of a happy family making camping memories for years to come. If this is what you are looking for in life. Join us at America’s largest RV and Camping Show. Beginning September 12 and continuing until September 16, the country’s largest RV and camping show will have everything you can imagine.
My twelve easy ways to save money at America’s largest RV and Camping Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania are effortless enjoy.
- 1.The Open Range Light LF 297 RLS is light weight, rear living area fifth wheel camper. Weighing in at only 7,465 lbs. and uniquely designed to be towed with a 5.5′ short bed, properly equipped, half-ton truck.
- 2.The Open Range Light LF 305 BHS is a light weight, rear bunk room fifth wheel camper. Weighing in at only 7,940 lbs. This fifth wheel is designed to be towed with a 5.5′ short bed, properly equipped, half ton truck.
- 3.The Open Range Light LT 274 is a light weight, rear living area travel trailer camper. Weighing in at 6,265 lbs. This travel trailer is a great ‘ma and pa’ type of RV.
- 4.The Open Range Light LT 305 BHS is an exciting bunk model travel trailer. Weighing in at 6,805 lbs. This travel trailer can sleep up to nine people. Equipped with a full size outdoor camp kitchen.
- 5.The Open Range Light LT 308 BHS is another marvelous bunk model travel trailer. Capable of sleeping up to ten people. This RV features a full outdoor camp kitchen.
- 6.The Open Range Journeyer JT340FLR is a four season travel trailer. Loaded with an incredible amount of personal storage and living space. Why not try out a great four season RV?
- 7.The Open Range Roamer RT 320 RES is a spacious rear entertainment center travel trailer. A open living room and spacious kitchen counter top area make this RV very alluring.
- 8.The Open Range Roamer RF 395 BHS bunk house fifth wheel camper. Featuring a large rear bunk room with a half bath. A spacious kitchen counter top, and full outside camp kitchen help make the RF 395 BHS a very popular camper.
- 9.The Open Range Roamer RF 338 RLS fifth wheel camper. A rear living area with a full residential sized sofa and a full outside camp kitchen, makes this a very exciting camper.
- 10.The Open Range 386 FLR is the new standard in front living room fifth wheel. The front living room and open kitchen provides you the roominess you want. While the step up rear bedroom provides you with more basement storage. This is a must see four season fifth wheel camper.
- 11.The Open Range 413 RLL is a bunk house fifth wheel camper. Equipped with two full baths. The large living area provides you with the space that you need on those rainy days. Loaded with storage space too!
- 12.The Open Range 427 BHS is a bunk house fifth wheel camper. The rear quad bunk room features a half bath. Featuring an eat at kitchen island and a large King bedroom suite.
There you go, my twelve easy, great ways you can save at America’s largest RV show. For more information on any of these great Open Range RVs, contact Pennsylvania’s largest Open Range RV dealership, Lerch RV. We will gladly answer any questions that you have.
Safe travels and Happy RVing!
- Largest RV Show in America – Pennsylvania RV Show (rvingiseasyatlerchrv.com)