2015 Mountain Pie Championship
sponsored by Lerch RV and PAcamping.com
Do you have what it takes to be the…
2015 Mountain Pie Champion of Pennsylvania?
Mountain Pies, Hobo Pies, or Camper Pies, whatever you call those tasty little gems that are a campfire favorite, are going to take center stage during the 2015 camping season. Participating Pennsylvania Campground Owners Association member’s campgrounds will feature a good old-fashioned culinary competition at their campground one day during the 2015 camping season.
Using three judges, each participating PCOA campground will choose two winners. Those winners will be eligible for the state competition to be held during the Gratz Fair on Saturday afternoon, September 26, 2015. The village of Gratz is located in Dauphin County, just 35 miles north of Harrisburg, Pa.
Judging Criteria for the 2015 Mountain Pie Contest
- Flavor consisting of aroma, taste, good balance and of course, overall flavoring ….. 30 points
- Consistency of filling, correct doneness and overall moistness ….. 25 points
- Crust – color, texture, doneness ….. 20 points
- Overall visual appeal. Does the pie look appetizing? ….. 15 points
- Creativity. How creative is the pie? Including plate presentation ….. 10 points