The National Park Service has just announced the fee-free days at more than 100 national parks in 2011. Mark your calendars and take your family on a fun-filled road-trip through one of our Nation’s National Parks. Accidentally I took advantage of one of these days last year, I was able to enjoy the Skyline Drive for free from the seat of my Harley Davidson. I passed a lot of RV’s on that trip as well.
So be sure to plan your trips accordingly.
Here are the dates for the fee-free days in 2011:
- January 15th to 17th (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday weekend)
- April 16th to 24th (National Park Week)
- June 21st (First day of summer)
- September 24th (Public Lands Day)
- November 11th to 13th (Veterans Day weekend)
Did you know: There are 394 National Parks and many of them don’t charge an entrance fee!